IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL SELLERS OF PROPERTY IN ANDALUCÍA - DECREE 218/2005
Decree 218/2005 concerns the regulation of information provided to clients in the purchase and rental of homes in Andalucía.
The aim of this regulation is to achieve greater transparency in the property market in Andalucía and to safeguard clients by providing them with full information enabling them to make better decisions thus protecting their financial interests.
The regulation is intended to guarantee a minimum quality standard in the provision of services by people or businesses involved in the sale of property.
In order for us to be able to be able to provide a high quality service, you need to provide us with copies of the following documents relating to you and your property:
- Escritura (title deed)
- Copies of Impuestos de Bienes Inmuebles or IBI payments (council rates paid once a year in August)
- Passports (all owners)
- NIE certificates (all owners)
- Residencia card or certificate (if applicable, we don’t need NIE certificates if you have residencia)
- Electricity bill (the utility bills are required only to prove legal connection of services to the house)
- Water bill
- Telephone bill (if applicable)
- Details of community payments (if your house is part of a community)
- Basura tax (rubbish tax) (included in the Cómpeta water bill, other areas may have separate bills)
- EPC – Energy Performance Certificate - we can help with this and it is needed when the property is marketed.
- Certificate that shows that the house is out of the urban area DAFO (only needed if the house is on rustiic land) – we can of course help with this. It is needed when you have a buyer and will involve the fitting of a new style septic tank should you have the old type "pozo negro". please click here for more information.
- New Nota Simple (extract from the Land Registry) THIS SHOULD BE LESS THAN THREE MONTHS OLD
In order to obtain a copy of the Nota Simple, there are a couple of options available:
- Ask your Asesoria, tax adviser or lawyer to obtain a copy for you
- Go in person to the Land Registry office in Torrox Pueblo - cost 3.50€
- We can order it for you via the internet for a cost of 15€ and it arrives the same day!
Please be assured that all of these documents will be kept in our office and will not be passed on to anyone else except for when we have a buyer and then they will be passed to the buyer’s lawyer for preparation of the private purchase contract.